Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday's Child Has Far to Go




















Thursday's child has far to go...


Did you know there are 2 versions of the poem 'Sunday's Child'?  I didn't till just now.


So how did I learn this random fascinating factoid?  Well... I wanted to share this photo I took last night, of this cute, soft, teeny, baby bunny, which I delivered from the jaws of death (Petey again!).  And since it's Thursday... the line above came to my remembrance and certainly seemed fitting for this little critter.  I hope he hopped far away to safety.  I've seen no trace of him this morning.   So God speed little fella, and beware of our backyard, there lurks a seemingly friendly pooch with a strong hunting reflex!  


Anyway... here are the two versions of Sunday's Child (and I am Sunday's child, by the way)
                 
                      1  (old fashioned version)

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.


                   2 

Sunday's child is full of grace,
Monday's child is full in the face,
Tuesday's child is solemn and sad,
Wednesday's child is merry and glad,
Thursday's child is inclined to thieving,
Friday's child is free in giving,
And Saturday's child works hard for a living.


We can all be Sunday's children by the grace of God....so don't let a poem define you, especially you Thursday kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment