Friday, August 13, 2010

Booty!


Booty!, originally uploaded by Az~Kate.
If at first you don't succeed TRY, try again! AND WIN! I did. :)

Remember my hummingbird photo from the Desert Botanical Garden: http://alwaysalethia.blogspot.com/2010/06/awww-shucks-but-still-honored.html that 'almost' won a photo contest?  Well guess what, The Arizona Office of Tourism has a contest every couple months, and June/July's contest theme was 'Water'  So I browsed through my Arizona photos that featured water and entered several photos again.  One of an afternoon stroll near Wild Horse Pass in Chandler was chosen, along with 4 other beautiful photos.  And thanks to many lovely facebook friends I won!  My prize is this super nifty camera slingpack by Tamrac.  ($$ value!)  Not too shabby!  I love that it includes the Arizona logo in vibrant stitching.  Maybe I'll actually get a real dslr camera and some lenses to put in it someday.  (I think it's pretty funny that I won with my little point and shoot camera photo... others had very expensive equipment to take theirs with)  Just goes to show you that you don't have to have expensive equipment to make beautiful photos... especially in a state with as much natural beauty as God has given us in Arizona.  :)  Here's my winning photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment